If you are curious, broad-minded, love working with children, are interested in supporting us on site in Kenya, and are of age (by the time the internship commences) – then we look forward to receiving an application from you!
In conjunction with our Kenyan partners, we have devised the following guidelines:
- Length of stay: 6 weeks minimum to 3 months maximum
- The total number of volunteers who will be on site at any one time will be determined in consultation with our local team in Kenya.
- A three-week interval between visits is required.
- Attendance of a preparatory seminar is desired.
This means that good planning is essential, which is why we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible and ask that you keep your schedule flexible.
Social workers will devise weekly schedules for all volunteers at the beginning of their stays, which may include—depending on individual preferences and skills—the following:
- supervising the children’s leisure-time activities after school lets out and on weekends (playtime, arts and crafts, reading, various sports, etc.)
- supervising children doing homework
- supporting MCC-personnel (in the kitchen, on the farm, in the kindergarten & at the school)
- implementing a host of smaller, distinct, creative manual labor projects
The MCC-Family also always welcomes and appreciates new ideas and suggestions for activities and workshops.
For more information and/or to submit your application (a cover letter detailing the reasons why you’d like to volunteer and a copy of your résumé), please email: ELISABETH HAUBER firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports compiled by previous volunteers:
We love running! “One more round” – literally!“Kilometers for Kenya” is a fundraising event that we started last year and decided to run again this year. Countless people – children and adults – ran or cycling for those kilometres. Coincidentally, all first 3 prizes – a volleyball, a football, and a backpack – went to students of the Thomas-Mann-Gymnasium in Munich, Germany. …
Neue Runde neues GlückDieses Jahr war es wieder soweit und „Kilometer für Kenia“ ging in einem zweiwöchigen Zeitraum innerhalb der Monate Mai bis Juli in die zweite Runde. Zahlreiche Sportler und Sportlerinnen haben sich entschlossen, gemeinsam aktiv zu werden. Sponsoren suchen, loslaufen/-radeln, spenden – die Aktion macht nicht nur die Läufer*innen und Radfahrer*innen fit und glücklich, sondern besonders …
2021-07: Eliane’s internship reportThe past month has been an intense and exciting one. On June 16th I arrived at the Maisha Mazuri Children Centre. During my first days, Joseph, Mercy and I created a weekly schedule for me. So now, Monday and Thursday mornings, I help Frida with our preschoolers in kindergarten and after tea break, I help …