If you are curious, broad-minded, love working with children, are interested in supporting us on site in Kenya, and are of age (by the time the internship commences) – then we look forward to receiving an application from you!
In conjunction with our Kenyan partners, we have devised the following guidelines:
- Length of stay: 6 weeks minimum to 3 months maximum
- The total number of volunteers who will be on site at any one time will be determined in consultation with our local team in Kenya.
- A three-week interval between visits is required.
- Attendance of a preparatory seminar is desired.
This means that good planning is essential, which is why we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible and ask that you keep your schedule flexible.
Social workers will devise weekly schedules for all volunteers at the beginning of their stays, which may include—depending on individual preferences and skills—the following:
- supervising the children’s leisure-time activities after school lets out and on weekends (playtime, arts and crafts, reading, various sports, etc.)
- supervising children doing homework
- supporting MCC-personnel (in the kitchen, on the farm, in the kindergarten & at the school)
- implementing a host of smaller, distinct, creative manual labor projects
The MCC-Family also always welcomes and appreciates new ideas and suggestions for activities and workshops.
For more information and/or to submit your application (a cover letter detailing the reasons why you’d like to volunteer and a copy of your résumé), please email: ELISABETH HAUBER firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports compiled by previous volunteers:
2022-07 Martyna’ internship reportHi, I‘m Martyna, probably the first non German speaking volunteer in the program. I‘m a 24 year old medicine student from Vilnius, Lithuania. Traveling the world and doing some humanitarian work was always a dream of mine, therefore, once I’ve learned about the Maisha Mazuri children center, I knew I wanted to come. Sadly, because …
Afrikafest in Ingolstadt – Thank you!Finally an african feeling again in the pedestrian zone of Ingolstadt and around the Paradeplatz. The Afrikafest in Ingolstadt took place again on the first weekend in July after a break of two years. Hand in Hand for Kenya was represented with a bazaar and tombola stand and after a somewhat long morning with only …
Veronika Berndl on books, sustainability, and educationHabari yako kutoka kenya!! (Hello from beautiful Kenya!) My name is Veronika Berndl, I’m 24 years old and I live in Edling. I would describe myself as an absolute fire brigade fan and spend almost all my free time there. I am also the local chairman of the Junge Union Edling and active in the …