Goals / Vision:
Our organization’s main objective was and remains to „support development aid, especially for non-profit projects promoting child and youth welfare as well as other non-profit projects in Kenya“(excerpt from our by-laws).
In so doing it is of utmost importance to us to stay in direct, friendly contact with our Kenyan partners and to leave them as much room for maneuver as possible. Despite the necessary financial oversight and transparency we do not foreground money but development cooperation. We learn from each other and with one another!
The small circle of eight foundational members has grown into a sizable group of 27 active members, who every two to three months come together from all over Bavaria and Austria to make decisions and plan activities for the good of the children. Here is a photograph from July 2017:
Our Board of Directors
All members of our association feel connected to Kenya, work as volunteers, and personally know our Kenyan partners.
- 2019-01: Vocational Secondary School opens: Academy of Maisha Mazuri
- 2018-09: 7. General meeting: Barbara Krohne, Stefan Walk and Anita Wimmer are once more elected to the Board. Roman Martschitz is confirmed as treasurer. The association has 213 members at present.
- 2017-08: construction of the first school buildings commences
- 2017-07: the Bavarian state chancellery approves our application for funds to support construction of our Secondary School
- 2017-12: Katharina Friesinger resigns from her position as treasurer, Roman Martschitz steps in.
- 2018-02: completion of our well, which was financed by numerous school race fundraisers, and which has since furnished the MCC, the primary school and kindergarten, the Academy, and the surrounding population with clean drinking water
- 2017-01: commencement of lessons for the first class attending the MCC Primary School within the premises of the MCC
- 2016-11: 6. General meeting: Barbara Hansen resigns as chair of the Board, Martha Krieglmeier resigns from the position of treasurer. Both stay on as active members. Barbara Krohne is re-elected. Stefan Walk and Anita Wimmer are elected to the new three-member Board of Directors. Katharina Friesinger assumes the position of treasurer. At this point the organization counts 160 members.
- 2016-10: Setting up ecological agriculture operations and construction of a farm house; in addition construction of a goat house as well as chicken and rabbit coops.
- 2016-01: Launch of the MCC Kindergarten for children (2-4 years old) as well as a pre-school class (5-6 years of age)
- 2015-12: Launch of the Maisha Mazuri Partner Programme
- 2015-11: Grand opening of the Maisha Mazuri Children Center („MCC“) with nine resident children
- 2015-08: 10-year anniversary of the association, now 150 members strong
- 2015-05: topping-out ceremony at the MCC
- 2014-09: commencement of construction
- 2014-08: „Ein Herz für Kinder e.V.“ green lights the construction of the Maisha Mazuri Children Center.